Daydreams

Daydreams

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Saturday Morning, A Cup of Joe, A Little Peace

Sometimes the week can be so hectic that it's difficult to settle into the moments.  It can even be a blur looking back upon them to figure out just what happened and where the time went.  It's a challenge to live the moments, to truly live within in them, rather than skim right over.  This week I have made some conscious efforts to recognize my reality.

And now it's Saturday morning.  I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee, completing some online Christmas shopping, and catching up with my friends on social media (I can't even begin to imagine how many 1995 hours on the phone it would take to catch up with those I can now follow via Facebook in minutes!)  I have things to do today (baking, wrapping, work, cleaning), but I'm on my own schedule.  The day is stretched ahead of me with it's Saturday morning attitude: "Take your time, relax, enjoy.  Saturday Morning is taking care of you now.  Sit a spell."  And I think I will.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    I'm glad you liked the poem, and the snowflakes, too!

    Hope you enjoyed your baking and relaxing and thinking...days like that are what keep us going, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pears! I'd never thought of that, but I'm sure it'd be amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete