Daydreams

Daydreams

Friday, December 10, 2010

Dear Time

Tonight I had to drive into the country to drop off a friend, and as I pulled out onto the lane that leads back to the highway, it started to snow.  It's one of those soft, lovely snows that all those songs extol, and as I drove into the soft night, I had this timeless feeling.  In front of me was a country road, with a field to the right, a grove to the left, and a slight hill that blocked the upcoming highway and all the business associated with it.  Save for my car and headlights, there was no indication of modernity in my immediate vicinity, and I realized that if those things were taken away, this scene would be recognizable in several spaces and times...it was a timeless scene.  It's a phrase I've often heard, and probably even used, but tonight I actually felt the life of it, and it was peaceful.  It was such a reminder that time is really relative, and the rigidity with which we measure it is one of our own making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment