Daydreams

Daydreams

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dear (Your name here)...

 Happy December!


It's the time of year that seems natural for reflection.  An undercurrent of the Holiday season, one beneath the tinsel, wrapping, and frenzy, is the searching soul.  In between "Silver Bells", "Jingle Bells", and "Sleigh Bells" are the songs that ask the deeper questions ("So this is Christmas, and what have you done?"), and it's hard to ignore those messages.


I'd like to think I'm a reflective person twelve out of twelve months of the year, but I fear I spend most of my time merely running from here to there...skimming the surface of life, and not really diving in.  It's actually exhausting to live life this way (have you ever tried to paddle a canoe by skimming the surface?  You can wear yourself out and get nowhere.  Or, you can dig in, get your hands wet, still wear youself out, but you certainly go places.)


This year, at the end of the first decade of the Millenium, I've been doing quite a bit of star-gazing (when I was very young and missing my grandfather, my dad told me all I had to do was talk to the stars and he would hear me, and ever since, that's what I've done.)  It's ten years into the 21st Century, and I still have quite a bit to learn and much to accomplish.  If you like, you are welcome to join me on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment