Daydreams

Daydreams

Friday, February 25, 2011

To The Strong...

There was some news today in the little corner that is my world.  The news is devastating, and in the tune of a broken record.  Another one who is near to me is fighting the battle against cancer.  So many have already fought, and so many are yet to fight.  I am not safe from this battle, myself.  Yet, I have noticed a pattern in the lives of those near me fighting this disease.  They do just that, fight.  They are strong, they do not give up, they do not allow the "why me" swallow their lives and steal the moments, even those that ultimately lose the battle.  And if that is the case, there is no way to lose the war.

So here is to the Strong.  Those that fight every day for the little moments in life.  To those whose lives are turned upside down.  To those who find themselves surrounded by paralyzing fear and then fight their way out of it.  To those who do not let a disease define who they are.  To those who concentrate on LIFE, I am in awe of you.  Keep fighting the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment